Just days into 2017, and we have been trucking along with projects, both big and small.
While we continue to tackle streets, parking lots, and construction sites in our various service areas, our team greatly appreciates any help we receive in the process. Even with our years of experience in street sweeping, a little help goes a long way and never goes unnoticed.
Below are a few ways to help keep streets clean and how everyone can lend a helping hand and do their part with keeping them clean year-round.
- Remove large sticks and branches from the roadway in front of your home.
- Remove grass or weeds that grow in the gutter. This will reduce debris in front of your home as well as improve water runoff during rainstorms. Runoff from street surfaces plays a significant role in the issue of pollution and heavily affects bodies of water, such as the Chesapeake Bay.
- Inform your children the benefits of a clean neighborhood and encourage them to dispose of litter properly.
- If you own a pet, please “scoop the poop.” This is not only important for the environment, but also for neighbors and neighborhood as a whole.
- Don’t blow grass clippings, pine needles, or yard waste (leaves, branches, etc.) into the street
- Don’t leave trash or recycling carts out after your collection day.
Above all, no matter what this year brings, we ask you to please be cautious and do your part to preserve the environment and keep your neighborhood looking nice. Not only does this make our job easily, but more importantly, it’s good for you and your neighbors’ safety.
Reilly Sweeping takes pride in tackling environmental issues that affect our locations. This is one of the many reasons why we remain dedicated to keeping areas clean year-round. One of the many organizations we’re a member of is the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, which is devoted to the restoration and protection of the Chesapeake Bay.
So, remember, no matter what season, you can always do your part to make jobs like ours easier and protect our environment!